- Frozen quinoa blend
- Frozen sweet potato chunks
- Black beans
- Whatever veggies you want to use (steamed broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, squash – whatever you want!)
- I use crumbled cheese variety in this (blue cheese, gorgonzola, feta, goat cheese, but you can use whatever you want!)
- Protein options: rotisserie chicken, pre-cooked frozen shrimp, tofu, falafel (I used jalapeño chicken sausage in this one)
- Optional: drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette or hot sauce.
- Warm up your frozen items according to the package
- Construct your bowl: I do a one:two ratio of the quinoa base and veggies.
- Place quinoa, then sweet potatoes, then spinach, and various other veggies, then top with protein option, hummus, avocado and hummus
- Mix it all up- the hummus and avocado make this dish super creamy and delicious
- TIP: Most veggies that you would want to roast in the oven are available in the frozen section already pre-roasted!
- Pros: You can make this bowl however you like it. You want broccoli in it? Put it in there! You hate broccoli but love brussels sprouts? Do it. You can make this bowl have any theme as well. I have added salsa and corn to make a Mexican themed bowl. I have added Tzatziki and falafel and made a Mediterranean themed bowl. You can make it however you would like it!
- Cons: depending on the number of ingredients you put in this, prep time could be longer because you have to individually warm up frozen items. This bowl can also sometimes be more pricey depending on how many ingredients you use.
One thought on “Power Bowls”
Love how versatile this recipe is! I just used up leftover veggies and protein that I had and was able to make several meals.