- 1 egg
- Whole grain bread of your choosing (I used a whole wheat English Muffin)
- 1 slice of cheese or shredded cheese if that is what you have
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 2 baby sweet peppers (sliced) or 1/4th of a bell pepper sliced
- Olive oil
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS: meat (bacon, ham, sausage), sliced tomatoes, onions, hot sauce
- Put olive oil or butter on your bread, place face down in large pan on stove top over medium heat. Monitor your bread throughout the cooking process and flip halfway to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Place your peppers in the SAME skillet, cook for 4 minutes until they begin to soften, add your mushrooms and cook for 4 more minutes with the mushrooms and peppers together. Finally, add spinach until it wilts.
- If you are making a scrambled egg, add a little more oil to the pan, and you can add your egg to the pan with all your veggies and scramble until your eggs are cooked to the consistency you like. If you are frying an egg, move the veggies to a plate or off to the side of the pan (depending on the size), and add oil and cook your egg to how you like it! Melt cheese on top accordingly.
- Assemble your sammy! I typically add the avocado to both sides, then layer veggies and the eggs in between, and hope that the avocado and cheese hold the sandwich together.
- TIPS: If you get hungry in the morning like me, you can meal prep these sandwiches! You can make multiple of them and warm them up throughout the week. If you are going to meal prep, I recommend scrambling your eggs and dicing your veggies into the scrambled eggs so they are less messy!
- Pros: This sandwich keeps me full until lunch! The veggies and whole grain bread provide tons of fiber, the egg gives me some protein, and the avocado has healthy fats. I add a ton of cheese which makes me happy. Win-win overall!
- Cons: These take about 10-15 minutes to make on average, so while they are perfect to make on the weekends, I typically like my week day breakfasts to take 2-3 minutes tops with minimal dishes!
2 thoughts on “Breakfast Sandwich”
Wow this sandwich looks to die for! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! It is so so good! I make one whenever possible 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person