- 1-2 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Optional: a dash of milk, cheese, spinach, mushrooms (diced), diced bell peppers, bacon, ham, turkey, sausage (basically whatever you put in an omelette)
- Line your mug with olive oil, butter, or cooking spray to prevent sticking
- Break 1-2 eggs in a mug or bowl. Use a fork to beat the egg, and add salt and pepper. For a fluffier omelette add a dash of milk or water and stir in.
- Cook in microwave for 30 seconds
- Add your desired toppings (mine has mushrooms, spinach, and cheese!), mix and cook for an additional 30 seconds. If egg is cooked all the way, eat and enjoy! Otherwise cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- I topped with salsa!
- TIPS: This is an easy one, but if you want to meal prep eggs, you can just make in a larger bowl and cut into pieces for the week! I have made “egg bites” for the week that I would grab in the morning and warm up at work! For an over easy egg, you crack an egg and cook for 45 seconds.
- Pros: Super easy, cheap, full of protein and veggies (if you add them). Once cooked, the eggs last on average for 5 days in the fridge.
- Cons: I have exploded eggs in the microwave many times.
2 thoughts on “Omelette in a Mug”
I’ve seen many variations of this recipe but tried yours this morning and it worked perfectly. No exploding egg this time!